The Leading Stocks Quotes Powered by Forexpros - The Leading Financial Portal
Swedish state rail monopoly, SJ finishes 2011 with impressive profitMonday, 06 February 2012
The Swedish state own rail monopoly, SJ reported a profit before tax of Skr 230 million for last quarter. The corresponding period last year profit was Skr 17 million.
Turnover amounted to Skr 2.199 million, compared to Skr 2.262 million a year earlier.
Full year profit before tax was a profit of Skr 38 million, compared with a profit of Skr 406 million in 2010.
The company wrote that 2011 had a very tough start to the year for both SJ travellers and employees. The harsh winter had a major negative impact on full-year earnings and sales were down 8 percent.
SJ's punctuality for the entire 2011 shows a positive development, especially during the latter half of the year. “Preparing for winter with a custom schedule and increased margins has improved our ability to deliver,” the company wrote.
By Scancomark.se Team
The quarter October -December summary
- Consolidated net sales amounted to MSEK 2 199 (2262)
- Group profit before tax amounted to MSEK 230 (17)
- Group profit amounted to MSEK 177 (7)
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 44 (2)
Full year January – December summary
- Consolidated net sales amounted to MSEK 8038 (8627)
- Group profit before tax amounted to MSEK 38 (406)
- Group profit amounted to MSEK 36 (294)
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 9 (73)
- The equity ratio for the group was 49.6% (48.4)
- Return on shareholders' equity was 0.8% (6.7)
Live Economic Calendar Powered by Forexpros - The Leading Financial Portal
Back to top